Our FertilCount Male Fertility test is a rapid diagnostic test of sperm concentration in semen and is available in both a single test kit and a two test kit pack.Our FertilCount Male Fertility test kit will allow a man to test his fertility potential, privately and discreetly in his own home.Who should use FertilCount?A sensible decision for any man planning a pregnancy with their partner is to test their sperm count.Pack contents
- 2 FertilCount male sperm tests
97% AccurateSperm count is widely recognised as the major indicator of fertility in men. The threshold definition (cut off point) of male infertility has now been set by the World Health Organisation (WHO) at a sperm concentration of 15 million sperm per mL of sperm.
This means that Male Fertility Tests with cut off values above 15 ml/ml may no longer be considered ‘State of the Art’ by the MHRA.
Our FertilCount Male Fertility test kits are a unique home test that will indicate if a man’s sperm concentration is greater or less than 15 million sperm per mL of sperm.
A positive result is likely to be good news although not proof of fertility. A negative result suggests that the man should consult with his doctor as he is close to being sub-fertile, which is not all bad news because it does at least save a couple of months of trying for a baby when there maybe issues to resolve.
How To Use
- First, collect a semen sample. The semen sample may be collected by masturbation directly into the plastic liquefaction cup provided.
- Once the semen sample is in the plastic cup, place the lid on the cup and gently swirl the contents of the cup for at least 10 times around the cup. Wait at least 15 minutes but not longer than 12 hours before testing the sample. Just before testing, swirl the cup contents around several times more.
- Open the re-sealable pouch by tearing or cutting at the notches. Remove the contents and place a test cassette on a flat surface with the sample wells facing upwards.
- Swirl the plastic cup before removing the lid. Hold and squeeze the plastic dropper at its midpoint.
- Place the angled tip into the semen sample and release the pressure slowly. As you do this semen will be drawn into the dropper.
- By gently squeezing the dropper add ONE drop of semen to the Test Well ‘T’, let the drop soak in for at least one minute.
- Add TWO drops of BLUE solution to the same Test Well ‘T’. Let the drops soak in for at least one minute.
- Add TWO drops of a CLEAR solution to the TEST Well ‘T’. Let the drops soak in for at least one minute.
How To Read The Test ResultsCompare the colour intensity of Test Well ‘T’ with the colour of Reference Well ‘R”.
POSITIVE TEST: will be indicated if the colour is seen in Test Well ‘T’ is the same as or greater than Reference Well R. This means the sperm count is equal to or greater than 15 million per ml.
NEGATIVE TEST: will be indicated if the colour in the Test Well ‘T’ is less than the colour in the Reference Well ‘R’. This means the sperm count is less than 15 million per ml.
If you are unsure of the results of the test, take a second test. The second test should not be repeated until at least 3 days later but not more than 7 days after the first test. If both tests are positive then your sperm count is equal to or greater than 15 million per mL. However, if either or both of the tests were negative then we recommend you consult your doctor with a view to having a full semen analysis performed.